Tuesday, March 9, 2010

A crazy week

I was in Oklahoma from Monday the 1st until the yesterday, Monday 8th watching my brothers and sisters while my parents were in Idaho. It was kind of a crazy week. On Tuesday Mindy was sick, Wednesday I was sick and then on Thursday Preston was sick-all of us throwing up! It was no fun! Friday after work Monte drove down. It was nice to have him come. On Saturday Isaac and Emma both had soccer games. Emma was hilarious and had NO CLUE what was going on! When we got home Preston asked her if she scored a goal and she said “I don’t know!?” Isaac did well in his game. He was goalie the first half and they only scored once on him, then he was a forward and scored a goal in the second half.
Sunday morning the girls woke up early so Brookelynn and Emma played with them while Monte and I tried to sleep in. Somehow-without anyone seeing her-Mindy pushed the fire button on the security system. It started alarming REALLY LOUD and would not stop! I tried to push a bunch of the buttons but nothing worked. So I tried calling Mom and of course her phone was off. So I tried Dad and he didn’t answer. Monte pulled apart the fire alarm and so it stopped but the security system was still flashing. Then the lady that owns that house called and asked if everything was ok and I told her what had happened and she said the FIREMAN ARE ON THEIR WAY! I was like noooooo! So the fireman showed up and I went outside and the first one got out of the truck and said “I take it there’s no fire!” I was SO embarrassed!!!!!!!!!!! I said I was sorry like a hundred times and explained that my parents were out of town and we didn’t have the code to turn it off and the security company called the owners but they don’t live here… So they tried to reset the system and could not-so the owner called back and she had talked to the security system company and they were going to reset the system. So the firemen left as I said sorry another 10 times! I felt so so embarrassed!!
I definitely wanted to be a kid again and let the adult take the blame and talk to the fireman-but I couldn’t- I WAS THE ADULT!!

4 comments:

Kathryn said...

Ah, the grass is always greener. Kids want to be adults, and adults want to be kids. Frankly it often stinks to be either. I bet the wee ones loved seeing the firetruck, though. You should have snapped some pictures! Haha! Sorry you got sick---we did the same thing here. Yuck!

Jarom & Corinne said...

I hope you are all feeling better, that stinks so much! To be sick and to have to be watching other kids that are sick plus your own, no fun! I hope your parents payed you! lol! That story about the alarm was so funny, maybe not at the moment but I am sure latter down the road you will good laugh at it. I can just picture you turning as red as the fire truck, when they pulled up! Love it!

Andrea said...

That's awesome! And told in true histeric Megan fashion! I can just picture it! Bet you're glad that's over!

Daniel and Tiffany Dunn said...

hahaha! i love it! great story!