Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Mindy's First Day of School

I've been wanting to post something about Mindy's first day of school. She was excited and scared. She woke up in the middle of the night because she was afraid that she wouldn't be able to stop sucking her thumb at school. She looks so grown up in this picture.
 
We all loaded up in the car to take Mindy to school :) When we got there I took her inside to her class. She gave me a hug and said "Goodbye Mommy, I love you" then turned and walked off to start the day. I didn't want to leave my baby!! I turned and struggled to fight back the tears until I got to the car. I cried all the way home!
Her first day she got off the bus with the biggest grin on her face. Makayla and I made cookies for her and the girls were so happy to see eachother. It was cute to see them give lots of hugs to one another.
 
Makayla had a wonderful day at home. She played so happy with her "mini stuff" ALL DAY. She doesn't miss Mindy--she loves being her own boss!!!

Monte takes Mindy to school every morning and she rides the bus home from school everyday. She is always making new friends and for the most part likes school. She says her favorite thing about school is P.E. and Recess (what kid doesn't say that!!) It has been such a big change in our lives to have Mindy in school.

No comments: