Tuesday, November 27, 2012

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

The Girls were so excited to put up the Christmas decorations. Mindy woke up Monday morning and the first thing she said was "is tonight family night so we can put up the Christmas stuff?"
Mia kept putting the boot stockings on her feet and walking around in them. She loves shoes :)
The girls really enjoyed putting the ornaments on the tree. We decided to just let them put them wherever they wanted and we would fix them later. It worked great. They were happy and didn't fight and they got to put them any where (including on top of each other).
Putting up holiday decor with kids has always been really stressful for me. I can't stand it when they just open up boxes, get stuff out, then throw it on the ground and find the next thing. It seems like they always end up running around because they are so excited and driving me crazy. I told Monte I wasn't going to yell at the girls this year. They were really good and I just kept reminding myself that they were excited. I did really well....I only lost it once when one of the girls took a super dusty lid off a box, put it on the ground, then stepped on it.....all while I was telling them not to!
I felt so happy as I watched Monte take a picture of the girls in front of the tree. We really did have a good time. I am so grateful for my family....can't wait for baby #4!





No comments: