Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Christmas Tree

So for some reason I cannot change the order of these pictures! Anyway, I just wanted to share some fun ornaments we have on our Christmas Tree. This is definitely one of my faves! If you can't tell what it is, its Ralphie from A Christmas Story. Ya gotta love it!
We bought this ornament this year for Minster. She LOVES horses for those that didn't know. (just a side note.....ITS ALREADY BROKEN!!)
This ornament is what our Christmas tree is all about "Cowboy Christmas" :)
I made this one for our little cowgirl in 2007. I just love the memories of picture ornaments.

We got this one from Cabela's last year. The story behind it is.....Monte bought me a cowboy Santa for Christmas the year before. I never took it out of the box, we just put it away with our Christmas stuff. So last year we got it out with all the Christmas stuff and ...... THERE WAS NOTHING INSIDE!!! Monte bought the "display box" with the display ON display!!!!!!
So we took it back to Cabelas and tried to explain that we bought an empty box LAST YEAR and they took our word for it.....but they had no more cowboy Santa's. So we used our in store credit to buy some cowboy ornaments.....
We bought this one this year at Atwoods (comparable to D&B) There is really nothing special about it other than I thought it was cute.

This is one of the first cowboy ornaments that we bought and I just love it.

And here is the tree......in our new "cowboy room"


I decided to make another picture ornament this year and here is how it turned out.
FYI we count BSU as a cowboy ornament :)

4 comments:

Jarom & Corinne said...

The tree looks GREAT! Wish i could see it in person! Have a Merry Christmas!

Daniel and Tiffany Dunn said...

haha you must have REALLY liked the ornament to not even open it all the way! love it! cute tree meg!
Monte good job getting an empty box and paying for it! haha!!

Andrea said...

It looks like you guys! I love it! Great job. Classic Monte ornament buying- hopefully, he checks the box from now on! It makes for good memories!

Kristen Nufer said...

That is funny about the decorations from last year! Cute tree!