Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Thanksgiving Weekend

For Thanksgiving we headed down to my parents house in Oklahoma. We left after work on Wednesday night (along with the whole state of Kansas!). The interstate was very busy and there were 2 sections of one lane construction that were very slow going. But, we arrived her safely. That night we watched Transformers and went to bed late. The next morning the boys left to play football (of course!) and mom and I prepared thanksgiving dinner. I made homemade pumpkin pies for the first time-usually Monte's mom makes PLENTY every year but, this year was definitely full of many firsts. I slaved over the pumpkin pies for hours trying to make them perfect....but, in the end I BURNT THEM!! I was so so so devastated!! My mom's oven is really weird and not normal so it was really hard to cook anything in it-especially delicate first time pumpkin pies!!!!

Minster was being a little turkey of her own before dinner and actually fell asleep right before we ate. I was sad to not have her awake and with us for dinner but she would not wake up and even if she would have, we all know she would not have been a happy camper!!


This is all of us right before we ate. We were a small group but very happy and grateful to be together. It was fun to have Alex home this year but Judson was very missed. We each had the opportunity to say something we were thankful for. I hope we can make that a tradition and continue it in the future. I felt so happy to be together and very grateful for that opportunity. Iya was very happy and ready to eat!



Brookelynn is such a great Aunt to the girls. She plays with them and is always so helpful.

The typical Monte with his eyes crossed!! :)

This picture of the house was actually taken the day they moved in. This picture was taken from the cowboy room towards the dining area.
After dinner we cleaned up and headed over to Brian and Donna's house for some pie. The next two days were watching none other than football. The best game by far was the Boise State game. It started at 9 our time and all the kids were asleep before halftime. Saturday afternoon we packed up and went home. It is about a 2 1/2 to 3 hour drive (depending if you have to stop for crying little girls). When we got home we brought up our Christmas stuff from the basement and put up our Christmas tree. Pictures coming soon........

2 comments:

Bryce and Valerie Waite said...

Megan I love you so much and miss you guys a ton! I am so glad you keep this updated! I love seeing your cute kids!! I bet you loved Thanksgiving having some family around!!

Kristen Nufer said...

It's fun to see pictures of your parents house! It's fun to spend holidays with family!