Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Today

Surprise! I cut my hair after 6 years of growing it out! It was a very traumatic experience for Mindy. All weekend long she kept telling me not to cut my hair because I wouldn't look like a princess or that I would look like a boy. She has been VERY observant of how people lately. For example today at Sam's Club she had to point out (out loud of course!) the man with a very long pony tale and the girl with the immodest dress. Anyway, back to what I was saying before, Mindy watched with her eyes filled with tears and her thumb in her mouth as my friend Dana cut my hair. Dana put a little band in my hair and then cut it and gave it to Mindy to keep. When my hair was finished she told me that I still look like a princess--so that's a good sign! I do feel bad though because both the girls want to be just like their Mama (just like all little girls do!). The other day I got dressed after Mindy was already dressed and she went and changed so that our colors would match. Then Makayla went and picked out an outfit to match too! I have been dying in this humidity this year and it is so nice to have a cooler hair cut. Mindy has asked me several times how long it will be until my hair grows back.....
These first two pictures were taken by Mindy. She is becoming quite the photographer around here! She is always asking to take a picture!! :)

Mia is 4 months old now!
So....this is what we look like TODAY :)

5 comments:

Jarom & Corinne said...

Love the haircut, Jarom says he thinks it looks more flattering on you then long hair. But what does he know he is married to a bald ladie!!!lol But no seriously it looks cute!!!

Donna Mannewitz Christensen said...

Love your hair!! It is really cute!! You have sweet girls, too!! Hope you have a good 4th of July, we are heading to Idaho in the morning for the family reunion!! Hope to see your pretty haircut in person some time soon. :)

Gus and Carolee Drake said...

Megan you are so pretty! I love the hair! You have the cutest family and we miss you guys!

Andrea said...

The hair is so cute! Silly girls with their fantasies of princesses, huh? My girls have all done the same thing! You have beautiful hair no matter what, and we'll always be princesses!

Daniel and Tiffany Dunn said...

LOVE your hair! how did i not see this earlier?? How have i missed these posts?? Anyway, its REALLY cute! I know how it is with girls and their mom's hair! Katie would DIE if i cut mine!(so would Daniel) :) I MISS YOU!!